Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hello fellow A&E lovers

After much consideration, I've decided it would be worth my while to start a blog. I'm currently the arts and entertainment section editor at The Pendulum, Elon University's newspaper, and an intern at Go Triad, the News & Record's weekly A&E section. At school and at work the same thing keeps getting drilled into my head: always keep writing. So I've decided to start this blog to keep my writing fresh. A&E has always been my passion, so I want to devote this blog to that subject. One day I hope to write for a publication like Entertainment Weekly, one that focuses on the artistic side and the business side of the entertainment industry rather than gossip. I honestly couldn't care less about Ashlee Simpson's wedding or whether or not Lindsay Lohan is dating a girl. I would rather read (and write) about the possibility of an actor's strike, the upcoming Emmy nominations or a director's commentary on a particular movie.

I've gotten a lot of experience writing about local arts and entertainment at The Pendulum and Go Triad, but this blog will focus on national A&E topics as well. I'll write movie reviews, offer commentary on A&E news, maybe share my thoughts on A&E reporting and occasionally post links to stories from The Pendulum or Go Triad that I'm especially proud of. Hopefully this blog will give me a way to keep writing and provide an outlet for the many A&E related thoughts that are constantly running through my mind. Check back tomorrow for my thoughts on M. Night Shyamalan's "The Happening."

No comments: